Your Privacy Is Important
We respect your rights to privacy under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) and we comply with all of the Act’s requirements in respect of the collection, management and disclosure of your personal information.
The definition of ‘personal information’ in the Privacy Act is as follows:
‘Personal information means information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable:
a. whether the information or opinion is true or not; and
b. whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.’
Personal Information Collected
The types of personal information we collect from you may include the following:
- Full Name;
- Contact details such as your home address, email address and telephone number/s;
- Date of Birth;
- Date of Wedding/Event;
- Partner’s Name;
- Facebook Name
- Place of employment and job type;
- Details of your other wedding suppliers;
- Details of the products and services you have purchased from us or which you have enquired about, together with any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and to respond to your enquiries
- Any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly in person; via email/direct mail/telephone; through our website or indirectly through use of our website, online or social media presence.
How personal information is collected
Where it is reasonable and practicable to do so, we collect your personal information from you directly when you register your details with us, purchase products or services from us, or enter into arrangements with us, or provide feedback/complaints to us.
In general, you can browse our website without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself.
Collection of your personal information can also can occur through the following interactions:
- When you purchase from our website;
- When you register to set up and maintain a user account on our website;
- During conversations or booking appointments with our staff;
- When you complete client information forms (by phone, in person or electronically);
- When you communicate with us directly (by email, telephone, direct mail, social media or any other means);
- When you connect with us via a social network;
- When you enter competitions or opt-in for special offers;
- When you sign up to our newsletter/blog;
- When you register an interest in our business/services through a third party online directory;
- When you interact with us during bridal expos, promotions and special events;
- If you are a candidate for employment, when you provide your personal information via a resume and complete forms in relation to the recruitment and selection process.
We may also collect personal information about you from the following third parties:
- bridal expo organisers – where we have participated as an exhibitor and you have registered your details;
- suppliers who provide goods and services to Bridesmaids Dressing Room and refer customers to us;
- if you are a candidate for employment, we may collect information about you from the references you have provided, where you have authorised us to do so.
Accessing And Updating Your Personal Information
You may request access to any personal information we hold about you at any time by contacting us (see the Contacting us section below).
You can request access to have your personal information corrected or updated by contacting us (see the Contacting us section below).
If you have registered an account on our website, you can also update your personal information anytime by logging into your account on the Bridesmaids Dressing Room website.
Security of Your Personal Information
We will protect your personal information by restricting access to personal information; and having practices in place to ensure information is safely and securely stored.
We may hold your personal information in either electronic or hard copy form. We will securely destroy your personal information when it is no longer required for our record keeping purposes.
If you provide us with your credit card information on our website when making a payment, the Bridesmaids Dressing Room website has an industry standard secure server using 128/256 SSL (Secure Socket Layers) encryption technology to conduct safe, secure e-commerce transactions over the internet and, most importantly, to secure your financial information.
Disclosure of Your Personal Information
Your personal information may be disclosed to any of the following:
- Our employees, contractors or service providers, for the purpose of operating our website and business and also to the extent reasonably necessary to fulfil our obligations to you. This may include internet service providers, IT systems administrators, delivery companies, mailing houses, couriers, payment processors, data entry service providers, debt collectors, and professional advisors such as accountants, solicitors, business advisors and consultants – to the extent reasonably required;
- Designers, manufacturers and suppliers who provide goods and services to our business. This may include other suppliers who provide products and services to you on our behalf;
- Suppliers and other third parties with whom we have commercial relationships, for business, marketing and related purposes;
- If you are a candidate for an employment position involving a third party with whom we have an agreement, to that third party to assess your application;
- If required by law, to any person authorised by such law. This may include the police service, ambulance service, or government departments or regulators within Australia in connection with law enforcement activities.
- Any organisation for any authorised purpose with your express consent.
Purpose For Collecting, Holding, Using And Disclosing Your Personal Information
We collect personal information about you so that we can perform our business activities and functions effectively and to provide you with high quality customer service.
We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- To provide products and/or services to you;
- To process your payments/receipts/invoices/refunds;
- To update our records and keep your contact details up to date;
- To communicate with you regarding our products and services, any relevant administrative communications, and share upcoming events and special offers;
- To answer enquiries and provide information or advice about existing and new products or services;
- To provide you with access to your account on our website;
- To assess the performance of our website and to improve the operation of our website;
- To conduct business processing functions including providing personal information to our contractors, service providers or other third parties
- To undertake the planning, product or service development, quality control and research purposes of Bridesmaids Dressing Room, in conjunction with our contractors and/or service providers;
- To undertake and administer promotions, competitions, showroom events, marketing activities, direct marketing, database compilation, analysis of trends and demographics and other marketing or promotional activities;
- To process and respond to any complaint made by you;
- To recruit and assess future employees;
- To comply with any law, rule or regulation as required in Australia.
Collection of Your Computer Information
When you visit the Bridesmaids Dressing Room website, our servers will automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. This data may include: your computer’s IP address; webpage you were visiting before you came to our site; the pages you visited within our website; the time spent on various pages; products searched on our site; access times and dates; and other statistics. This information is collected for analysis and review in order to help us improve our site and the products we offer. This data is for internal statistical and research purposes only and will not be used in association with any of your personal information.
Direct Marketing Communications
We may also use your personal information to send you direct marketing communications and information about our products and services that we consider may be of interest to you. We may communicate with you by sending you targeted emails/newsletters/blog posts; or sending you information about special offers and promotions, relating to our products and services, events, bridal expos or other marketing and promotional activities.
These communications may be sent in various forms, including direct mail, SMS, email and via social media in accordance with applicable marketing laws, such as the Spam Act 2003 (Cth).
If you have indicated a preferred method of communication, we will endeavour to use that method whenever practical to do so.
At any time you may opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by contacting us (see Contacting us section below) or by using the opt-out/unsubscribe facilities provided in our marketing communications and we will then ensure that your name is removed from our mailing list.
We do not provide your personal information to other organisations for the purposes of direct marketing.
Our website may contain links to other websites operated by third parties. We make no representations or warranties in relation to the privacy practices of any third party website and we are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of any third party website. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of any third party websites you may visit after you are directed away from our website.
Via post: PO BOX 5150, CAIRNLEA VIC 3023, AUSTRALIA
Via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org